Remember your brothers and sisters in Christ in your prayers. Prayer Requests: Ted Draeger Dianne Hoehn Richard Hoehn Rose Pritchard Sandra Warnke The family of Joyce Winter
EFFECTIVE MAY 09, 2021 Per AHS restrictions, only 12 persons are permitted per Church Service until further notice. If you wish to attend, you MUSTcall the Church Office (780-352-3663) and register your attendance.
1. Do NOT come if you are feeling ill (for example: you have a cough, sniffles, bad headache or just feel sickly; however, if you just have allergies – it is pollen season – you are free to come).
2. Please, make sure when you come that you come in - the normal front door, BUT leave by the mail-slot door (left, as you leave through the door facing south).
3. As you enter the church, please wash your hands with the hand sanitizer available there for you. When you leave wash them again. Avoid touching your face.
4. Those living in the same housemay sit together, but you must stay the 6 feet or 2 meters apartfrom others with whom you do not live at all times - coming & going, too.
5. Wear a mask upon your arrival at the church, during Service & as you leave - for the safety of others who may be vulnerable to the virus. **Mandatory MASK BYLAW is in effect**
6. There will be no greeters until the pandemic is no longer a threat.
7. Due to possible spray from our mouths, singing is permitted but masks must remain on.
Holy Communion will be done in a different way than usual. It is what is known as “continuous communion”. Pastor and an Elder will be in the front at the end of the pews. They will be wearing a mask and gloves as they handle the elements. No common cup is used for now.
You may come forward as the usher indicates. You may come as an individual, a couple, or as a family – you need to social distance (2 meters apart from those NOT from same household) as you come forward. Please allow time for each to receive Communion before you step forward. Receive the wafer first; then step to the pastor for the wine. Then make your way back to your seat, keeping that same social distance (2 meters/6ft.) space between you and those not from your household. The idea here is that there is a continuous “flow” of those communing.
Opportunities for Christian Growth and Fellowship
Sunday School(Postponed till further notice) For children ages 3 to grade 6. "Growing in Christ" is the objective of Zion's Sunday School program. Music, interactive learning of the truths of the Scriptures, crafts and projects that reinforce learning, are all part of this dynamic opportunity for your child to live out his or her Baptism and to grow in Baptismal grace. Sunday School is held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
Vacation Bible School For children ages 4 to grade 6. Active learning, crafts, and songs round out an action-packed week of learning the Good News about Jesus. For more information please click HERE.
Confirmation Classes(Postponed till further notice) A study of the Christian faith for youth in grade seven and older. The rite of Confirmation prepares young people for life-long appreciation of their Baptism and to receive the Lord's Supper. Classes are on Wednesday afternoons from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm, September through June.
Coffee and the Word(Postponed till further notice) Runs every Tuesday at 10:45 am to 11:45 am. "Come on over!" for coffee and great conversation centred on the Scriptures. Sunday Morning Bible Study (Check the "CALENDAR" tab/page for dates & times) Runs every Sunday at 9:30 am to 10:25 am. Join us for a study of contemporary topics affecting today's church.
We can know a lot by a name. It was reveal to Joseph that this child to be born to Mary would be named Jesus, the Savior. Our Lord's name tells us who He is and what He does. Jesus saves us from our sins. Through Baptism, we are placed under the name of our Lord and receive all the benefits of what He has come to do.